2013年10月31日星期四

not the kind that mother

I still love it. I don’t go out anymore. I don’t go to the shows. I’m done with the fakeness, people constantly judging other people, me judging other people. It’s not like you won’t get the information without the shows. You get it in magazines. You get it from talking to people. You can see the trends coming. I do a lot of shopping. I’m a woman and I shop. pregnant, I couldn't try the clothes on for fit and had a lot of morning sickness, which impacted the work a bit. But having her was one of the most Hermes new sonctancejoyous moments of my life. Our national distribution grew to include stores like Saks Fifth Avenue (SKS), Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom (JWN, Fortune 500).

By 1973, sales reached $2.6 million, and that's when our honeymoon took place. For our 10th anniversary, we went to Hawaii. In doing the collections, I didn't have a target customer. In my mind, she had no age. She could have been a working woman or a stay-at-home mom with charities to attend. In one year, three First Ladies wore my clothes -- Hillary Rodham Louis Vuitton cosmic blossomClinton, Cherie Blair [wife of Tony Blair, then Prime Minister of the U.K.], and Sachi Su On the Old Days. Turbeville told The Times in 1977. “A woman in my pictures doesn’t just sit there. In what kind of mood would a woman be, wearing whatever? I go into a woman’s private world, where you never go.” By the late 1970s, articles on photography had begun to refer to “the Deborah Turbeville look,”

 which, as The Times described it in 1977, was “not the kind that mother used to admire in Vogue.” Unlike other world-renowned fashion photographers, Ms. Turbeville rarely shot the famous, though when she did the results could be startling. In a portrait of Julia Roberts published in The  Louis Vuitton azur bagTimes Magazine in 2004, Ms. Roberts looks so expressively solemn as to appear on the verge of tears. I met [the photographer] Steven Meisel, and he told Polly Mellen at Allure, “You have to meet this girl,” and suddenly I have this job at Allure and we’re going to the Paris shows and shooting everything. In those days, there were no mandatory advertiser credits. We just shot what we loved. We were shooting Helmut Lang and Ann Demeulemee

没有评论:

发表评论