2013年7月22日星期一

What's in a name? The power of celebrity fashion endorsements


  Aka Professor Green - some advice for his fellow celebrities: "Do you know what you are good."

The drug dealer, now rapper and reality show star has many strings to its bow, as it seems, one of them to work with the sports brand Puma on his own clothing line.

Manderson second collection arrived in stores and encapsulates the road-cum-sport that goes with so much urban music. "I do not like something too hard," Manderson said his aesthetic choice. But it could very well be on the labels that refer come with modern celebrity. "Designer" is a label musicians and actors wear proudly as it every Rihanna to John Malkovich (the old loan his name to the island of the river, it has its own label Techno Bohemian) seems to be willing to have a vision for her admirers outline.

So, as these projects come from? This approach is featuring a celebrity with a loyal fan base and hear the ringing of cash? Not always, it seems. "Two years ago, a visitor to the studio APC told me that" Kenny "," declares Jean Touitou, the founder of the French ready-to-wear, in what is undoubtedly one of history, folklore, will be the. "As he wanted my opinion on the industry, although I found it very vague request, as a mutual friend introduced us, I met this guy. Talks and talks and Guy j" I had a good time listening. It was a beautiful manners and spoke ... How hard was the right thing to do in fashion.

"After a while, I was curious to know what this man still in his life, I just asked him." May I ask what is your job, Mr. He took his tone down? so that eventually I could see his eyes and replied. "I'm a hip-hop artist" At some point told me that my team was named West, Kanye West. "

Cooperation with Western APC consists of eight parts that are sold online on the day when it is on sale. This is in stark contrast to the previous mode danger that the West ready-to-wear shows for two seasons as part of Paris Fashion Week and has been widely criticized despite credentials fashion to the west. Before his debut, the former editor of Vogue Paris, Carine Roitfeld said: "I know Kanye very well and I know he is very good in fashion He knows everything about fashion he could learn mode..."

In the case of Manderson, the approach of the brand was "Puma made contact, and I said, 'Well Sportswear, I'm not very athletic, how this works, go" in time was the headline "after hours athlete", can I do not fully agree. I approach [the design process], as I approach my music. It is selfish. I suppose what I like. I sit and designer and has mood boards and I have references, things I like now and in the past, and we must begin our heads together and thrash things. "

Successful lines of celebrities have long depended on the strength of their own style - he resist the distillation? And the result is essentially to get a concrete way for fans to something closer to their idol? Collections Rihanna River Iceland is a special case of the Women's Wear Daily and wrapped his latest collection, "The looks were all variations on the things their wardrobe" singer took action. Justice against a provider Topshop was used added to a picture of her from a music video on a t-shirt, it is fair that, or tell someone in his camp, including the value of approval.

"You can not agree with every little thing," Manderson said. . "We say no to a lot more than what we say yes to one of the first opportunities for the brand I ever had was with Kappa - I said no to this question, if I put my name to something then. is representative of all my brand if I do something, I will want to do it right. "


没有评论:

发表评论